Proudly serving the Keslo, Washington community, our methadone clinic provides adults struggling with addiction the ability to recover from heroin, oxycodone, Percocet, and other opiates.
Benefits of Individual Therapy for Opioid Abuse
Individuals who are battling an addiction to opioids must receive treatment for the physical and emotional components of their addiction in order to achieve lasting recovery. An addiction to opioids often stems from multiple factors, which is why a comprehensive approach to treatment is most effective. While the medication-assisted treatment available through Kelso Treatment Solutions provides much-needed relief from the physical symptoms associated with withdrawal, patients must also receive emotional support.
Individual therapy provides patients with the opportunity to address the root causes of their addictive behaviors in order to prepare for a future that is substance-free. In one-on-one sessions with a highly skilled counselor in a safe and confidential atmosphere, patients can openly discuss the underlying factors that may have contributed to their addiction, and process the successes and setbacks of their treatment experience.
The following benefits are linked to the use of individual therapy within a patient’s comprehensive treatment plan:
- Identifying past events that may have contributed to the development of an addiction to opioids
- Developing new viewpoints in relation to the underlying causes of addiction
- Forming new ways in which to handle stressful or overwhelming emotions without the aid of opioids or other harmful substances
- Handling setbacks and/or achievements during the course of treatment in an appropriate manner
- Creating ways to handle future situations in which opioid use may be available
- Developing new personal goals for both the present and the future
- Increasing levels of self-confidence, self-awareness, and self-esteem
Building a Foundation for Opioid Abuse Recovery
If you or someone that you care about is battling an addiction to opioids, and would like to learn more about individual therapy and other treatment options that we offer, please contact Kelso Treatment Solutions today. Our medical staff is readily available to provide patients with the treatment necessary in order to enjoy a life free from the chains of addiction.