Proudly serving the Keslo, Washington community, our methadone clinic provides adults struggling with addiction the ability to recover from heroin, oxycodone, Percocet, and other opiates.
What is Purpose of Group Therapy for Opioid Abuse?
Group therapy is an essential element of medication-assisted care for opioid addiction at Kelso Treatment Solutions.
Under the guidance and supervision of a qualified and experienced professional, group therapy provides a safe and structured environment in which you can openly discuss an array of topics, receive valuable feedback, and develop a renewed sense of purpose and possibility.
While in group sessions, you can gain important insights into the disease of addiction and various topics that will be imperative to your continued recovery. You will have the opportunity to share your thoughts, to learn from the experiences of others who are in a similar stage of their recovery, and to practice healthy communication, conflict-resolution, and self-advocacy skills.
The success of group therapy is directly linked to the individuals who are sharing their experiences and emotions with the group, as well as the professional who is leading the session. Depending upon those factors, the following are among the many ways that you may benefit from group therapy:
- Universality – Eradicating a sense of seclusion by emphasizing the commonality of experiences and feelings between members of the group
- Self-understanding – Gaining insight into your own emotions by listening to other group members share their experiences and feelings
- Interpersonal learning – Openly sharing your viewpoints and opinions while listening to other group members share theirs
- Altruism – Feeling the importance of helping others to make progress in recovery
- Hope – Accepting that other group members may have overcome hurdles that you may currently be struggling with
- Information – Gaining more information about the disease of addiction and the recovery process
- Imitative behavior – Observing the positive behaviors of your counselor, as well as other group members, in order to handle stressful situations in a healthier manner
- Cohesiveness – Experiencing a sense of camaraderie, support, and resolution by sharing the therapeutic process with others
- Catharsis – Gaining the ability to process painful emotions
Objectives of Group Therapy for Opioid Abuse
To learn more about group therapy and other elements of care at Kelso Treatment Solutions, please feel free to contact us at your convenience. We look forward to answering all of your questions and helping you decide if our services are the best fit for you or your loved one.